The Worland Senior Center provides vital services to the senior population of Worland and Washakie County. Our senior population is growing and the demand for our services is increasing. We are working hard to be proactive to meet this demand. As a result of the pandemic, we are seeing higher risk people staying home because of their fear of being isolated and the lack of availability in long term care. We operate with five grants which require local matching funds. We would utilize the one percent sales tax to supplement local matching Direct Services funds for our grants. These funds are vital to ensure continuance and stability of services to our community. The goal is to keep seniors in their home independently as long as possible. Through grants and the support of our community, we provide the following services:
- Congregate Meals
- We serve hot, dietitian approved, nutritious meals Monday-Friday. Meals are offered to Seniors for a $4.00 voluntary contribution. Sharing a meal at the Center is a great way to stay connected in the community and socialize.
- Home Delivered Meals
- Meals are delivered five days a week and weekend meals are offered. This service provides peace of mind to families that someone is checking on their loved one five days a week. Our rural route goes beyond the City limits.
- Take Out/Carry Out
- Due to the Covid-19 pandemic we offered and continue to offer “to-go” meals.
- In-Home Services
- Through in-home services we provide housekeeping, run essential errands/shopping, offer Personal Care (full bathing or stand by assist), PERS/Personal Emergency Response Systems(which are emergency buttons). Care coordination is provided to set up individualized service plans.
- Worland Van-GO is the only public transportation service in Washakie County. Transportation runs Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm and Sundays by appointment. Transportation is available for community events and out of town travel within the state for medical and recreational travel.
The Senior Center offers an array of service to include a medical loan closet, a variety of exercise programs, brain stimulation activities, billiards, ping pong, Bingo, art class, health fair, blood draws, and much more. We offer blood pressure, foot and hearing aid clinics as well as AARP tax assistance.