WDA will seek funding to help businesses succeed and Washakie County grow. Funds will be used to attract new primary jobs such as the most recent recruitment of Unique Precision Industries. Funds will also be utilized to expand existing local businesses much like assisting Amish Origins in growing by WDA having the needed facility. Funds will be used to engineer and create shovel ready infrastructure improvement projects int he Industrial Addition of Worland where increased investment is happening and new primary jobs are being created. Newly acquired funds will not be used for operating purposes.
WDA is a membership organization and has leveraged grand funds, manages two revolving loan funds for businesses and makes investments in properties to sustain the operations and the administration of the organization.
The current WDA Board of Directors are: Matt Schneider President, Tom McKinnon Vice President, Kayla Bryant Secretary, Tad DeBolt Treasurer, Becky Dooley, Terry Sutherland, Jeremy White, Worland Mayor Jim Gill, Ten Sleep Town Councilwoman Connie Sweeney and Washakie County Commissioner Aaron Anders.
Some of the highlighted successes of WDA are:
- Over $4.5 million dollars of grand funds leveraged for the VA Clinic, Lighthouse Crisis Center, Washakie Medical Center, Fair View Industrial Park and SITE Building.
- Original location for Chopper Cross Fit start-up
- Site Building was sold for the National Mineral Testing Lab saving local jobs.
- Facilitated the process of locating bomgaars to Worland
- Loan funding for Stogie Joes’ start-up
- Funds towards City Master Plan and Airport Plan Revision
- Grow Worland Loan Funding for 307 Aviation start-up
- Expansion of Amish Origins building sale
- Recruitment of Unique Precision Industries
- Return of bus service to Worland, Express Arrow
- Consulting with numerous entrepreneurs towards business planning, properties, market research and start-ups
- Working relationships with Wyoming Business Council, SBDC, NWC, Wyoming Business Alliance, BHB EDOs.
WDA is a private non-profit 501 C 6 Corporation established in 1990 and is governed by a board of directors elected by the membership. The City of Worland, The Town of Ten Sleep and Washakie County all have one seat on the board as long as they are members in good standing.
Washakie Development Association’s mission is to sustain and grow Washakie County’s vibrant economy and outstanding quality of life by providing resources for business creation, expansion, retention, new business recruitment and community development.
To restore Washakie County’s full economic potential and promote its quality of life
WDA is located at 801 Big Horn Avenue, Suite 207 in the upstairs of the Worland Library. LeAnn Baker is the Executive Director 347-8900 email@example.com