Making Dollars from Cents, One Penny at a Time
Current Optional Tax Continues through June 30, 2023. If passed by Washakie County voters, the newly proposed optional tax will begin July 1, 2023 and run through June 30, 2027. It will assist seven entities in their funding needs. This is not a new tax.
Projected Recipients in order of their percentage of total distributions that will begin July 1, 2023 and run through June 30, 2027.
- City of Worland – 40%
- Worland Community Center Complex – 23%
- Town of Ten Sleep -15%
- Worland Senior Citizens Center – 8%
- Ten Sleep Senior Citizens Center – 5%
- Washakie Development Association – 5%
- Worland Youth Learning Center – 2%
- Crisis Prevention and Response Center – 2%
Vote on this issue at the
General Election, Nov. 8, 2022
One penny at a time, not so much an inconvenience, but truly a community coming together for a common purpose. And together those individual pennies stack up and they add up.